Monday, August 24, 2009

Quilt

I have been wanting to make Chess a quilt and I finally did it. I bought most of the material new for this project, but the cost wasn't too bad. I used a sheet for the back. This was my first time really quilting (not just tying the quilt with yarn) and my little sewing machine had a hard time. I didn't buy a walking foot for the machine and just "winged it." There are about a million bumps and folds in the fabric that a professional would laugh out loud at. But for me and my 16 month old, we like it just fine.


Chess wanted to help me put the finishing touches on.




See, she likes it!


a close-up


I'm kinda proud of my mitered corners - I looked up on You Tube how to do it.





It's all ready for her to use on her new (to her) big girl bed when the weather cools off. We put her on a full mattress on the floor last week and she's doing great! She only fell asleep on the floor once and she rarely cries. We put a gate on her door so she can't come out. She is such a good sleeper and sleeps all night on her bed. She looks so tiny on it, but she is growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

The quilt looks awesome and is so cute! Speaking of cute, Chess is SOOO cute. I love seeing your project posts - keep posting! :) The shirt is adorable, too. Hope you guys are doing well!

libbysupermom said...

The quilt is awesome Ali!!! I love the colors!!! That will look great on Chess' bed!!!
You are so very talented!!
Love you all! Mom

Kearl said...

That is so great. I'm always amazed by your sewing.

chrisnallynkids said...

What a gorgeous quilt that she can keep forever! I think that is GREAT that your nesting is sewing and not cleaning! (so far!)