Monday, March 22, 2010

First Rice Cereal

I think we started Chess on solids the day she turned 4 months old. I was so excited for the next big step in baby-feeding. She liked it a lot. Unfortunately, it didn't help her sleep better through the night like so many people said it would. And it took a lot of time out of the day to feed her. That's why with my second baby I wasn't in as much of a hurry to get started with solids. Lera is almost 5 months old, and on a whim, we decided to try out some cereal. She liked it okay. She didn't quite get the open-your-mouth-wide thing like Chess did (see pictures here). She kind of stuck out her tongue and felt it out. She was good with the chewing motions, though. We're keeping things slow and still not giving it to her everyday, since she doesn't seem extra hungry or anything. I'm in no hurry for her to grow up. She'll be eating us out of house and home, along with her big sister, in no time.





1 comment:

The Saxton's said...

It is awesome how different Lera and Chess look. I flipped back and forth between Lera eating and Chess eating, it's great.