Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Fun Day and a Funny Story

We recently had a great day with Nan-Naw, Paw-Paw, Andrea and baby Raven.  Andrea and I happened to visit Nan-Paw (as I like to call them for short) on the same day, and they wanted to take us to Stevie B's.  So, after eating some delicious pizza, I took Chess back to the arcade to have a look around.



She has fun just pushing all the buttons and pretending to drive the cars, so I wasn't planning on getting any tokens.  Well, Paw-Paw came back and I knew we would be playing some games.  We played a little ski ball, which was fun, but the real fun came when he decided to play the claw game.



On his second try, he won a stuffed bear!  Chess and I clapped and cheered for him.  About this time, Andrea and Nan-Naw joined us, and we were watching Paw-Paw try to win a pink dolphin.  Andrea was boasting about how good she was at the claw game, so she gave it a try.  She couldn't get the dolphin, but she did get TWO animals on ONE try!  I guess you had to be there, but it was very exciting.



Paw-Paw promptly got more tokens, because three animals just wasn't enough, and he easily got one more.  He never did win that dolphin, but all the kids got a stuffed animal (Chess, Lera, Raven, and Paw-Paw).  It sure was a fun time, and a great thing to do on a rainy day.  Thank you, Nan-Paw!  We love you.

P.S. I wish I had my camera while were at Stevie B's to really capture the moment.  My favorite was when I turned around and saw Lera with half of her body in the slot/door the animals come out of.  She was probably thinking, "Hey, toys come out of this hole!  Let's see what I can get!"

1 comment:

Grace said...

Oh I love it! But my favorite part of the whole story is the term "Nan-Paw"....sooo good.