Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Soccer Games

So far, Chess is loving soccer and has been improving at each practice and game.


Happy and ready to watch Chess's first game.


Watching her teammates.  She is really sweet and cheers for her friends while they play.


After the game.  She followed the ball really well, and loved every minute of the game.


She actually scored an unofficial goal this game.  The ball went out of bounds near the goal, she grabbed the ball and tossed it back in, then kicked it in the goal while no one was around her!  We still cheered!


Getting ready for the second game.  It's hard work to get those shin guards and socks on!


I tried to do a little photo shoot with my soccer player.


She was being silly, but I got a couple cute ones.




Mimi and Poppy came to watch!


Chess got the ball!  She took it down the field a little bit, then one of her teammates scored a goal.


Warming up with Daddy before the third game.


I love this action shot, and the smile on Chess's face.


Chess and her friend, Lyric (she's our neighbor and the girls love playing together), after their game playing each other.


And, to end the post, the ever-popular (and in my mind, unnecessary) soccer snack.
If you want to read more about what I think of soccer snacks, you can look at this mom's blog post.  She puts it much better than I can!


No comments: